My Compositing Reel (Student - 2012)

This reel consists of the works I did as a student at Seneca College, Toronto. Feedback Welcome. Thanks for Watching.
Softwares Used - Nuke(Mostly), After Effects, Photoshop, Syntheyes, Autodesk Maya.

Friday 30 December 2011

Best VFX films of 2011!

Here’s a round up of what I believe were the best visual effects films of this year -

5. Source Code

Honestly, this movie was a complete surprise. When I first saw the trailer last year I thought this is going to be another ‘time-machine’ flick! Even thought it was based on a somewhat similar principle but I loved it! Imagine the budget. All they needed as the set was the train and the dump he ends up in, that’s it! not super-high on vfx but still I couldn’t find any flaws.

 

4. Green Lantern

This movie was particularly heavy on CG elements, however I wasn’t too happy with the green objects, probably issues with compositing. Anyway, I loved the suit!

 

3. Cowboys and Aliens

I really liked the plot set in the cowboys era.  BTW, the cuff/bangle was not cg.

 

2. Hugo

Honestly, I haven’t yet seen the film(if I had this would probably be on the first position)but the trailer looks promising and I KNOW its gonna be an awesome movie. It’s the next on my watchlist and the trailer is just more than enough to know the quality of the effects. The entire cityscape is CG and really the railway terminal has some commendable fx shots!

1. Captain America: The First Avenger

and the winner is… Breathtaking vfx shots, the best superhero suit and what stole the show was the comic like effects! I lovvvvved the storyline and Chris Evans was probably the best choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment