My Compositing Reel (Student - 2012)

This reel consists of the works I did as a student at Seneca College, Toronto. Feedback Welcome. Thanks for Watching.
Softwares Used - Nuke(Mostly), After Effects, Photoshop, Syntheyes, Autodesk Maya.

Monday, 16 January 2012

The Best VFX Software?!

 

Well, obviously there are many and each has its own speciality. Here, I am listing some of them I have been using for the last few years being a VFX/Animation student. (not ranked in any order)

1. Autodesk Maya -

Main Uses – 3d Modeling, Animation, Dynamics, Simulation

Maya, hands down, is the most used 3d application in the Industry. Although, I was a bit hesitant at first in making the transition from 3ds Max to Maya because the complex UI scared me, Ive never looked back once I moved to Maya, be it for modeling, animation or, most importantly, dynamics/fx.

 

2. Adobe After Effects -

Main Uses – Motion Graphics, Compositing

Almost every VFX artist’s first love! Simple yet powerful.

AE has the most user-friendly interface as opposed to any other VFX software that exists. Although its mostly used for motion graphics these days, its a great tool for both fx and compositing. Remember to check Andrew Kramer’s http://www.videocopilot.net/ if you haven’t yet!

 

3. The Foundry Nuke -

Main Uses – Compositing

Used by most of the post-production facilities all over the world. While it's an excellent VFX system, Nuke isn't a motion-graphics tool. I never wanted to switch from AE to Nuke cuz I was in love with AE’s interface and although I still use AE for some motion design stuff Nuke is my main compositing tool.

4. SynthEyes -

Main Uses – Camera/Object Tracking, Match-moving

The easiest tracking software. SynthEyes’ super-simple UI is its biggest asset and it didnt take more than an hour to know it in and out. I haven’t tried PFTrack yet but I have heard that its much more complex.

 

5. Adobe Photoshop

Last, but not the least, the software used alike by both advanced users and noobs. Photoshop has been a part of almost all of my projects ever! Used by almost every one in the multimedia industry, it never gets old!

4 comments:

  1. A visual effect is the integration of live-action footage and generated imagery to create environments which realistic, but would be dangerous, costly, or simply impossible to capture on film. Visual effects using computer-generated imagery (CGI) have become increasingly common in big-budget films, and have also recently become accessible to the amateur filmmaker with the introduction of affordable animation and compositing software.
    Alex Frisch USA

    ReplyDelete
  2. A visual effects supervisor is usually involved with the production from an early stage to work closely with production and the film's director to achieve the desired effects.

    Connie Jordan-Carmichael | Ubiquity Broadcasting Corporation

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear sir
    My name is MARUTI I m from INDIA, I have learned 3d animation, vfx graphics designing 3d architectural visualization and I have most interested in this field but I have not got any jobs and support from people because of I m poor so I need help from you people, to come up in this field I want to show my talent to people

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Maruti,
      Its unfortunate that you couldnt land a job in the field you love. How can I help you? Where are you from?

      Delete